Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Signed the papers earlier today. I am now officially in financial debt. I can't really move in quite yet (the moving truck broke down in Denver, so my stuff won't get here until tomorrow night or Thursday morning), but I don't mind. It will give me time to start on the landscaping - I finally took a really good look at where the survey flags are and suddenly realized how huge my yard is. As a matter of fact, I imagine most of my spare time will be going into landscaping. I'm actually looking forward to stuff like the planting the trees and setting up my herb garden. It's the weeding that's really going to try my patience. I've got over a half-acre of weeds & quackgrass laughing at me.

And one little private message to the Bank of Montreal before I forget: F**k you. I've had enough of the run-arounds, lies, and outright screwjobs. Thanks to you it'll be about 2 more weeks before I can actually get some appliances into my house. 2 more weeks of restaurant food. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hee! That's so exciting! Real pictures, please!

(um, that isn't a real picture, is it? 'Round here, that shack would cost about $200,000 but I always thought Arkansas was more reasonable)

Steve said...

Coming from the Calgary housing market, I know what you mean about the price. When I saw what houses were going for down here my first thought was literally "I can't afford not to buy".

Don't worry, real pictures will be coming soon. The cleaners (and movers) were both there today. Hopefully I'll have some time to take some classy photos of "Chez Steve" before too long. Unfortunately, we just got busy at work again.

Amy said...

Oh no you don't know what I mean about the price. A 865 square foot house just sold near us for $US 2.1 million. I have double checked the preceding sentence for typos, and I assure you that it is correct.

The mind reels.

Steve said...

Wow. And I thought Calgary was bad for house prices (it's no Vancouver, but still...)

I guess I can be thankful I don't live in California :-P