Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Have Little Choice But to Laugh.

My next door neighbor moved out last week. This is relevant.

On Tuesday I came home for lunch and found that my water had been turned off. I phoned the water company, and it turns out the person they had sent over to turn off my neighbors water turned off mine instead. No biggie.

Last night I came home and found my house without power. We have been having thunderstorms for the last couple of days, so I phoned the power company to see if it was an outage. They said that there was a power outage and that they expected it to be restored by 8:00 that night.

Around 8:00, with the sun rapidly setting and my power still not back on, I phoned the power company back. While talking to them I realize that my other neighbors have power. After going through various rigamarole and discovering that my circuit box has been locked by the company, they agreed to send somebody out. About an hour later they came by, unlocked the box and turned my power back on, mentioning that the yellow tag on the lock means that the power has been deliberately shut off to this residence for some reason. When I phoned the company today to confirm the status of my account, I confirmed that they had in fact shut off the power to the wrong house.

I suppose it's a good thing that I don't have any more utilities.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Ah, so that's why your power was out.Nice to see the US lives up to its reputation of stupidity.

Amy said...

Actually, I think it's just Arkansas. :)

Siochain said...

Dum, dum dum dum.... DUMB!!!!!
Ha ha ha... See what I did there? It's a double entendre! Dear God, I'm clever.

Siochain said...

Hey,
I'm sorry I didn't call... I will on Monday. We were at Mom's for dinner...
I tell you about it tomorrow.
Have good Monday.
E