Sunday, September 09, 2007

There's a hole in my ceiling

I'm a klutz. This will probably not come as a surprise to anybody reading my blog.

About a week or so back, I finally broke down. The combination of my beloved 'Riders having their best season since before I was born, and my getting tired of only being able to watch movies on my television made me decide to get satellite service.

"Great!" Says the company. "We'll be over on the afternoon of the 11th to set it up. You have a working phone line we can plug it into?"

"Sure." Says I, not exactly recalling if there is one behind the television, but there's phone jacks all over the place so there's assuredly one in that wall.

Turns out, I don't have one, so I phoned AT&T and had them over yesterday to install a new one. I learned two things through that experience:

1.) Be careful when you're crawling through the attic that you don't step between the studs.
2.) The guy that originally wired my house is barely competent .

So, as I said, I now have a hole in the ceiling of my mud room. It could have been worse. If I'd stepped down about a foot further it would have been in my bathroom.

I guess I just can't have nice things.

Also, just to prove that not everything that lives in my back yard is poisonous, creepy, or downright disturbing, here's a pic I snapped of one guy hoofing it towards the trees.

5 comments:

cenobyte said...

It's not true that you can't have nice things. Now you get to have pot lighting in your mud room!

- cenobyte "Oh THAT's what those 2X8s are for in the attic"

Steve said...

Yeah, but knowing my luck, I'd probably start an electrical fire with it.

cenobyte said...

Then you'd get to roast marshmallows!

Steve said...

Meh. I'd probably end up burning myself on molten sugar.

cenobyte said...

Then you'd have automatically cauterized your *own wound*! Very clever! And, you'd get to tell difficult clients at work that you got that wound from the 'difficulties experienced the last time a client didn't apply my suggested modifications'.