Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Customer Is NOT Always Right.

I work in the service industry. It might not seem like it to most people at first glance but our job is to service our customers - as some of them are all too happy to remind us.

There are times when I would like very much to tell these customers to bugger off, and that we don't need their work that badly*. Unfortunately, the repercussions of such actions would likely go beyond just losing one job. It's probably a good thing that I'm in not in sales and have limited access to the customer, especially immediately after some of their more outrageous requests come down.

____________________________________________________________

*Yeah, yeah. Warning: Internet tough guy and all that stuff. I'm still pissed off, just not as much as when I initially got the latest request.

No comments: