Monday, November 30, 2009


Well, it took almost a full month, but I'm more or less unpacked now. I've still got to sort out the storage room and do a bit more organizing in the den, but I'm no longer eating takeout every night, and that's what's important. It's still taking some time getting used to the noise downtown. Hopefully that doesn't take too long to adjust.

Work... goes. It's one of those "the more things change the more they stay the same" type things and I'll just leave it at that. I've started working weekends again. I'm not really in the regular rotation so I've just been filling in for people here and there. I'm going to have to stop doing that for a couple of weekends so I can have some time off.

My Riders lost the Grey Cup. I'm disappointed in the outcome - especially with how it ended - but in the grand scheme of things I think that they exceeded everybody's expectations for both the season and the big game itself, so I can't complain too much. I'm more annoyed by the people at my office that were cheering for "anybody but Saskatchewan" and then complaining that Saskatchewan fans are arrogant.

House is officially sold. Mortgage is paid off and all that jazz. After all fees were paid I made a grand total of about $136 on it. Definitely could have been worse. The fact that the company is supposed to reimburse me for a chunk of those fees helps as well.

Oh crap. Now that everything's calmed down I've realized that Christmas season's started.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's one of those "the more things change the more they stay the same" type things and I'll just leave it at that.

Sorry to hear buddy. I was hoping, for your sake, that things had improved.

Steve said...

S'alright. I'm trying to implement some change, and the buyout might encourage some more (if the rumors I hear are correct), but we'll have to see. There are certain changes that are a definite improvement (certain people are no longer in my chain of command, even if they are still for some reason employed), so it's not all bad.

And I'm back in Calgary, which makes it easier to cope with the bad stuff.

Anonymous said...

what are the rumors?

you can get me at mark.taylor at honeybee.ca if you don't want to post.