Thursday, November 05, 2009

When did I acquire so much crap?

Seriously. Everything's been moved up to my new apartment and there's probably a grand total of 50 square feet in my place for the time being. I knew that I had bought a fair amount of stuff down south and had enough space at the time that it wouldn't be noticeable, but right now I'm wondering how long it'll be before I can actually use my kitchen.

The renovations weren't quite finished when I moved in on Tuesday, and the building manager had her handyman over last night trying to replace part of my bathroom sink. Somehow he managed to turn the wrong valve and dumped around 10 gallons of water on my floor before he could shut it off again. I'm definitely glad that I got water damage coverage with my insurance package.

On the plus side, my couch looks really good with the new paint and carpet, I have my own bed to sleep in, my entertainment center is set up to help prevent me from chucking stuff off the balcony in frustration, and I have internet in my home for the first time in nearly 3 years.

Also, there's a great coffee shop on the ground floor of my building. Seriously. Great coffee that's not roasted to the point of near charcoal, AND free homemade muffins with any coffee from 6 - 10 am? Somebody explain to me how the hell is the Starbucks across the street still open?

No comments: