Friday, June 25, 2010

It's 11:30 at night. I am sitting on my couch. Work laptop next to me. Watching clusterfark after clusterfark because (to use a bad analogy), one of our customers insists on shoving a size 12 foot into a size 8 boot with no shoehorn, no lubrication - absolutely nothing that would actually assist in accomplishing the goal.

Guess how well it's working out?

I was doing this until 2 am yesterday, and if I'm really lucky I'll get to bed by then tonight. Essentially, I'm watching this job so that I can offer advice, but ever piece of advice that I (and other people I work with) have offered was rejected by the customer.

Will somebody please remind me why I do this?

Update: Yay! I get off work at 7 am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Multi-stage frac at 2am? Is that allowed?

Steve said...

24-hour fracing has been common for a few years now. They used to be all the rage on the block when I was still in the field.

Obviously there are some safety requirements that we have to deal with (adequate lighting, etc.), but the problem isn't the 24 hour fracing in the field, it's the Tech Services isn't set up for 24 hour satelliting in the office.

On the plus side, I get to give our new Satellite Compensation Policy a good test run.

Anonymous said...

Ick.... just another reason I'm glad that I don't work in the patch anymore.