Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sweet Relief - Finally

Finally, I get a full day off. I've been working 12 hour days for the last two weeks, and only been taking it slightly easier on the weekends. I was finally able to clock out at around 3:00 yesterday. First stop: Pulaski County and the nearest liquor store.

Why are you looking at me like that? I don't have a problem. I can quit any time I want to. I just don't want to right now.

My time down here has been completely exhausting. I knew that starting up a new district would be rough, but I didn't know how rough it would be. Fortunately, more wrinkles are being ironed out every day, so hopefully before long I'll actually be able to do some serious relaxing. Right now I'm so burnt out that I'm not really in the mood to do much of anything. I had originally planned on going golfing today, but instead I moseyed down to Little Rock again and then back home to kick back with a beer or two. Or three.

House stuff moves slowly. My boss has been down here helping with getting us off the ground and has been more busy than I have, so there hasn't been much progress made on the official transfer paperwork yet. This puts a bit of a delay in the purchasing process. It's been frustrating, but I am assured that the paperwork will be ready by early this week.

And now that I've actually had a little bit of free time the loneliness has kicked in. It never ceases to amaze me that, despite the fact that I tend to be pretty antisocial, I tend to be a relatively social creature. Just because I don't talk much doesn't mean I don't enjoy hanging out with my friends. My friends that are roughly 2000 miles away now.

This has the potential to be a rough few years, I think.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awww... believe me, I know how you feel. But try to meet new people; don't just think "I'm only going to be here for 725 more days, there's no point in socializing."

Hey, I've got an idea... come to Gen Con! It's something like an 8-hour drive for you! We'll get you a cot!

Steve said...

But I like the friends I've got! I see no reason to look for others because my current friends have given me such high expectations that I doubt that they could be met by anyone else! :-)

Gen Con might be fun, but I don't think I'm going to have time. We're getting busier by the day here and I've got to take time off at the end of the month to get house stuff done. Then I'm looking at meeting up with Mal and Erin for a weekend some time in the next couple months. I've got tons of vacation days saved up to do the Con after that but I think that we're going to be far too busy here for me to make use any of them.

Amy said...

But Gen Con's in *August!* That's plenty of time!