Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sweet Zombie Jesus, I Need A Drink!

What a week. I'd rather not go into details, but suffice it to say the QC portion of my job has not been easy. I've been working late all week and yesterday as well. I finally got this afternoon off and took the opportunity to drive into Little Rock and see what it's like.

Honestly it wasn't that bad, although I only made it to the River Market. Unfortunately, it appears that Arkansas doesn't believe in staying open on Sundays. Outside of the restaurants and big chain stores nothing was open - and that includes the liquor stores. At least I managed to get out and away from the shop and hotel

So I'm buying a house. I've managed to, in my spare time, find a wonderful little place about five minutes west of town. Construction still isn't done, but it should be ready by April first. A nice little one floor place with a decent kitchen and a huge yard - nearly an acre. By the standards around here that's actually pretty tiny, but you can't get smaller yards around here. Everybody wants huge yards and swimming pools etc.

Outside of that, there's not a lot happening. My back's feeling better - not great, but not nearly as bad as it was. Thanks to all for your support and suggestions.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Can you buy a drink in the restaurants on a Sunday, though? There are counties down there where you can't. Hideous.

Congrats on the house purchase! We'll have to come visit. Maybe we can go on a canoe trip (you did see Deliverance, didn't you?).

Steve said...

Yeah, in the non-dry counties you find restaurants open on Sundays that will serve drinks (or at least, I found several in Little Rock). I haven't checked out any of the "private clubs" in the dry counties yet, since the nearest one is about 30 miles away and I've had no time before or since that one afternoon to go sightseeing.

By all means, stop on by any time. If all goes well I'll be taking possession on April first. And as a matter of fact, I have seen Deliverance. The guys at work bought me a copy as they thought it was required reading. Sadly, I think that the most shocking part of the movie was learning that Burt Reynolds actually had a physique once.