Saturday, March 08, 2008

The waiting game sucks

Here I sit, at work again.

I was here all last night until 8 this morning, at which point my coworker and I were relieved (unlike last weekend, we had just enough forewarning to allow us to work shifts). It was tiring, but the testing we were doing was relatively quick. By the time we were done starting one test, another would be done and equipment would have to be cleaned and reset. Repeat ad nauseum.

Tonight, the testing has changed. We're getting closer to the deadline, and the tests take longer. There is little in my life more frustrating than sitting here waiting for an 8 hour test to slowly tick down at the same time the deadline ticks down.

Also, daylight savings times. Most times I don't care about it at all. Tonight, if we didn't have the deadline, I would have been fine with only working an 11 hour shift rather than a 12 hour one. But we do have the deadline, and I'd realllly like that extra hour.

Oh, yeah. I'm also not happy with the snow we had on Friday. I'm sure that my contract explicitly stated that I would not see snow while I was down here. Ah well, at least I haven't had a chance to plant my herbs yet.

No comments: