Monday, February 26, 2007

Maybe It's a Sign

So I wake up this morning feeling fine. Go grab a shower and shave. Still feel fine. Grab breakfast. Still fine. Go back to my hotel room to clean up and go to work and that's when my back explodes.

Some of you may know that my back tends to be sore on occasion. This is not what I'm talking about. I've felt this kind of back pain once before in my life, but at least that time it could be traced to some actual events that could conceivably cause such pain. This just came out of nowhere. Right now I can barely walk. Even sitting/lying down is painful.

I'm beginning to think that there might be an invisible sky wizard somewhere who's (a) pissed off at me for not believing in him, and (b) doesn't want me down here.

Oh well. At least I'm not expected to do any heavy lifting. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go whimper in pain for a while.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Get some Robaxicet or Robaxisol. I've suffered crippling back pain before and they've helped me tonnes! Get well soon, man! :-(

Amy said...

You're just tormenting the poor boy, sweetie; remember that we couldn't find any of the RobaxiN products in the States?

Steve said...

Yeah R:tag. You're a monster ;-)

Back was significantly worse this morning, but loosened up quite a bit over the course of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for the support.

Amy said...

If it gets better and feels looser as the day goes on, maybe a massage would help? Time to test out the US health care system!

(Does Beebe even have any licensed massage therapists?)

Steve said...

As far as I know, it's massage-free. I recall seeing a massage parlor in another town while I was out house hunting, but I'm not entirely sure whether it offers massages or "massages".

Regardless, I'm busy enough right now that I'll probably just keep on whining and toughing it through with off-the-shelf medication. Thanks for the tips though.

Siochain said...

Hey, squish!
How are you feeling today (Wednesday)? Better? I hope? Yes? Hugs. Big, Canadian sized hugs. Yeah.

Steve said...

Hey babe!

Back's somewhat better, but not great still. At least I don't have to do heavy lifting.

Hugs would probably kill me, but I'll take them anyhow. Thanks a bunch!

Amy said...

Well y'know, either a massage or a "massage" might help... ;)

You seriously might want to see a doctor, though. Since you ought to meet your new doctor, get your records transferred, etc. anyway, you might as well have an actual complaint when you go in! :)

(warning; be ready to be introduced to the wonderful concept of "co-pay". Or does Alberta already do that?)