Friday, June 13, 2008

Raccoon: 5 - Steve: 1

Every man has his limits. I finally reached mine and declared war on my local raccoons.

I've tried to be nice about it. I've tried to buy bird feeders that they can't get in to. The raccoons just tore them apart. I tried sprays that are supposed to keep them away. The raccoons just ignored it. I'm left with no choice. Fortunately raccoons are unable to resist tasty, tasty bacon.

I'm have no idea how many of these buggers that there actually are. Hopefully it's just a couple. I'm also hoping that once they get released they don't find their way back to my place. I've heard of these critters pulling their own miniature versions of "The Incredible Journey". If that happens I'll have to start looking at lethal alternatives.

You know, if somebody had told me two years ago that I'd be living in Arkansas and trapping raccoons on my property I'd probably have had some serious concerns about their mental health.

3 comments:

Amy said...

By the way, early registration for GenCon ends on June 28. GenCon is August 14-17 this year, in Indianapolis, which is so close to you... all the cool kids are going...

Steve said...

Sorry, but GenCon's likely a no-go for me this year. In addition to not being cool enough to go, I'm using up most of my vacation in July when I head back to Calgary for two weeks to write my APEGGA exam and get my eyes lazored.

cenobyte said...

Strangely enough, had someone told me several years ago that you'd be living in Arkansas and trapping raccoons, I'd have said something like "YEEEEEHAW!!!" and wondered about *your* mental health. (grin)

Not to be a pest, but I'll lazor your eyes fer free at GENCON if you'd like... and/or I can write a note to your boss for you (s/he doesn't read your blog, does s/he?).