Friday, January 19, 2007

CMHPG and Zirconium and Borate oh my!

My brain is full.

I've spent the last two days getting a crash course on our U.S. chemical systems. Granted there are less of them than we use up here, but it was still a lot to take in since even the Southern versions of the systems I'm familiar with are tweaked. Fortunately, it's not like I'm expected to memorize them, just become familiar with them.

I managed to get a little more info on my expected duties in Arkansas as well. Essentially, when something goes wrong, people will be looking to me. Not for solutions, just for someone to hang.

Okay, it's not really that bad - I won't be completely isolated, but I've still been left wondering if I'm making the right choice.

4 comments:

Siochain said...

Yeah..... I spent all week getting trained on different lab benches, and then I met my real boss today. Who told me I need training. And consequently will train me all next week. Boo frickity yah. Hugs, and hope the packing goes well. And I'll see you when you're back. Which will be soon. I hope. Take care. Don't talk to strangers. Don't take candy from them either.

Calvin Jim said...

Hey Steve:

Good luck in the States. We'll see you when you get back for your short visit.

In the meantime, hook up your blog to mine. I'm trying to use it to keep in touch with people:

http://asian-echoes.blogspot.com/

(notice the change in web address above).

Electric Maenad said...

Bah - they won't hang you. Where the hell would they find another engineer willing to go to a dry county in Arkansas?

Unknown said...

You'll probably be in Arkansas culture shock mode for a month or so. Avoid direct eye contact. I hear drinking helps, and the added bonus of the slurred words will make you sound more like an Arkansonian.