Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Counting down the days...


Well, I've got a bit of an update on my situation.

As it stands right now, I'm back in Calgary on Friday - no surprise there. I've had the plane ticket for about a month now. The date for our first job in Arkansas is still somewhat transient, however, so there's no firm date yet for what time I need to be down there for yet. All signs point to them trying to get everything rolling around the 21st now. My U.S. boss would like to give me at least a full week in Calgary to tie up personal things there before I head back to Denver for hopefully a couple of days of training out in Grand Junction. After that I drive to Arkansas (company vehicle has to get there some how, so it might as well be me transporting it).

The annoying thing is that my boss confessed that the powers that be don't want to make anything official until I've been down in Arkansas for about a month. I can understand where they're coming from - they don't want to move me down there only to move me back a few weeks later because I've decided I don't like the job/people/heat/humidity/etc. Because of that I'll have a permanent address in Calgary for March as well. As annoying as it is, though, it's very relieving to actually have them tell me that so I have an idea of how this move is proceeding.

Now all I have to do is deal with the soul-crushing realization that I'm exiling myself to the ass end of the world.

No comments: