Friday, February 23, 2007

I've Been to Beebe. Now I Can Die.


Doesn't quite have the same ring as John Wing's classic, but it's still relatively apt at describing the size of the town.

Size aside, Beebe is a wonderful little town. The weather is beautiful - around 15 degrees during the day and probably 5 - 10 this evening. The people are incredibly friendly too. Apparently a lot of people are ecstatic about us moving into town - they've been looking for something to give the town a boost and we're something of a godsend. A group of the locals threw us a BBQ tonight. It was a great little party and definitely made me more comfortable with prospect of moving here. I'm relatively sure that if I let the locals know that I'm single I'd have a pile of photo's of their daughters before I could blink.

I'm as yet undecided on whether to let them know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yah, you wouldn't want to get involved with members of the opposite sex. I mean, why break your track record? ;-)

Steve said...

Exactly! I have a reputation to protect.